Wisconsin real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in Wisconsin?
🏠 Average home value: $228,108
📈 1.34% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $243,000
⏳ 57 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 8,671
📆 0.9 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 2.96%
💵 Average income: $61,747
State of the market: B
Wisconsin has a healthy real estate market, with rising home values and a moderately low amount of inventory. While listings stay on the market here slightly longer than the national average, it’s still an active market with a good amount of demand, so sellers should feel good about their prospects.
*Data last updated July 2021
Nestled next to the Great Lakes, Wisconsin is known across the nation for its famous cheese industry. Though the state is known as America's Dairyland, its farmers also produce the nation's largest supply of cranberries and ginseng in rural agricultural communities throughout the state.
Beyond agriculture, Wisconsin's biggest industries include healthcare and manufacturing. Its biggest cities include Milwaukee, Madison, and Green Bay, to name a few.
Lakes, forests, valleys, and rolling hills interrupt Wisconsin's sprawling farmlands and provide plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Wisconsin, these Wisconsin housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Wisconsin
Wisconsin real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 21 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $11,267 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 3.15%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.78%
How to sell a home in Wisconsin
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Wisconsin (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Wisconsin
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Wisconsin (2021 Update)
- 5 Best Wisconsin Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- 4 Wisconsin We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Wisconsin
- What's The Average Wisconsin Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- The Ultimate Guide to Wisconsin Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Wisconsin
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Milwaukee: 1,924 sq ft
🏡 Green Bay: 1,947 sq ft
🏡 Madison: 1,656 sq ft
🏠 Appleton: 2,224 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Wisconsin
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Wisconsin
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Wisconsin
Investing in Wisconsin real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Wisconsin
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Wisconsin
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Wisconsin
Each month, we compare cities in Wisconsin based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Wisconsin
2. Wisconsin Rapids-Marshfield
5. Fond du Lac
Worst of Wisconsin
Each month, we compare cities in Wisconsin based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Wisconsin
3. La Crosse-Onalaska
- Department of Safety and Professional Services
- Wisconsin's real estate license verification
- Wisconsin's real estate agent code of conduct
- Wisconsin's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Wisconsin
- Home buying assistance programs in Wisconsin
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.