If you have worked in real estate for any length of time, you know how cutthroat the industry can be. This attitude isn’t unique to real estate agents. Fierce competition occurs in any industry where a person’s income is almost entirely based on commission.
Like all commission-based employees, real estate agents can never relax. Even if you are working with several clients, you always have to be on the look-out for the next buyer or seller. Perhaps you may feel tempted to buy into a lead-finding service to help increase your funnel.
Should you subscribe to a lead-finding service to increase your business? Should you save money and buy shared leads, or should you purchase exclusive leads?
What are the pros and cons of each type of lead?
Pros of Shared Leads
- Shared leads are cheaper than exclusive leads.
- Buying shared leads will help you increase your client base.
- When agents are first starting, responding to a shared lead will allow them to undercut more established agents so they can win their first clients.
- Buying shared leads may be cheaper than funding a full-blown marketing campaign.
- Many shared leads can be beneficial for organized and tech-savvy agents.
Cons of Shared Leads
- The volume of shared leads may overwhelm unorganized professionals and go untapped.
- When agents receive a shared lead, a fast response time is essential.
- Some clients will still hire the person with the highest visibility in the community.
- If agents spend all of their marketing budgets on buying shared leads and receive no business from it, they end up with nothing.
- Clients who are inundated with agent's inquiries may be turned off by the process and find an agent through another means.
Pros of Exclusive Leads
- Agents who buy exclusive leads have an increased probability of having one turn into a sale.
- Buying exclusive leads may get you to the potential client first.
- If you specialize in specific real estate transactions, purchasing exclusive leads may enable you to target particular clients.
- Obtaining your first clients by purchasing exclusive leads will help give you recognition within the real estate community.
- If you plan on spending money on marketing anyway, why not spend your budget in this manner instead of putting your image on a billboard?
Cons of Exclusive Leads
- Purchasing exclusive leads can be expensive.
- There is no guarantee that any of the leads will become clients.
- The leads may be fraudulent or not exclusive.
- Finding lead-generating agencies you can trust can be difficult.
- The leads do you no good if you do not respond to them promptly.
So, what is an agent to do? How do you find clients when there is a lot of competition within your community?
If you can promise to provide top-rated service to our clients, you could become a Clever Partner Agent.
Clever Real Estate is the new face of the real estate industry. It provides a win-win scenario for real estate agents and clients.
Benefits to Consumers for Working With a Clever Agent
- Clients are “introduced” to the best agents in their area.
- Home buyers and sellers receive top-notch service from their real estate agent, who will work hard to ensure a positive review.
- Homeowners can find a realtor to sell their home for a flat-fee commission of $3,000 for homes under $350,000 or 1% for homes valued above that amount.
- Home sellers working through a Clever agent may qualify for a home buyer rebate of $1,000.
- Clients will work with agents who work for (and have the resources of) the top real estate companies in the country.
Benefits to Professionals Who Become Clever Partner Agents
- The agent will receive the contact information from clients ready to buy or sell.
- Agents receive the client information for no upfront cost. Clever only gets paid when you close the deal.
- Working with Clever clients for a discounted rate gives you more visibility within the community.
- Agents who provide superior service get rewarded for their hard work.
- There’s no risk in working with Clever.
Are you ready to join over 3,000 agents who are already working for Clever? See if you qualify to become a Clever Partner Agent. Grow your business today!