Pennsylvania real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in Pennsylvania?
🏠 Average home value: $229,906
📈 1.72% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $260,000
⏳ 61 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 19,337
📆 0.7 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.03%
💵 Average income: $61,744
State of the market: B
Home values and listing prices are right around the national average in Pennsylvania, but they’re both inching upwards, suggesting buyer demand is increasing. Combined with the state’s low inventory, the Pennsylvania market’s future looks bright.
*Data last updated July 2021
Nicknamed the Keystone State, Pennsylvania holds an important place in American history as the site of the Constitutional Conventions.
Since those early days, Pennsylvanians have developed a unique regional culture that encompasses everything from pastoral Amish country to Philadelphia's energetic sports fans.
The state's central, mid-Atlantic location makes it a popular destination for those who want easy access to New York City and Washignton D.C., at a more affordable cost of living. Beyond Philly, Pennsylvania's major cities include Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, and Scranton, to name a few.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Pennsylvania, these Pennsylvania housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 22 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $11,567 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.80%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.80%
How to sell a home in Pennsylvania
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Pennsylvania (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Pennsylvania
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Pennsylvania (2021 Update)
- 5 Best Pennsylvania Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- 5 Pennsylvania We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Pennsylvania
- The Average Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission (2021)
- Pennsylvania Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
Buying a home in Pennsylvania
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Philadelphia: 1,582 sq ft
🏡 Harrisburg: 2,190 sq ft
🏡 Pittsburgh: 2,754 sq ft
🏠 Scranton: 2,712 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Pennsylvania
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Pennsylvania
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Pennsylvania
- Everything You Need to Know About Moving to Pennsylvania
Investing in Pennsylvania real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Pennsylvania
- How to Buy a Foreclosed Home in Pennsylvania
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Pennsylvania
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Pennsylvania
Each month, we compare cities in Pennsylvania based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Pennsylvania
3. New Castle
Worst of Pennsylvania
Each month, we compare cities in Pennsylvania based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Pennsylvania
1. State College
4. East Stroudsburg
- Department of State - The Real Estate Commission
- Pennsylvania's real estate license verification
- Pennsylvania's real estate agent code of conduct
- Pennsylvania's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Pennsylvania
- Home buying assistance programs in Pennsylvania
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.