Oklahoma real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in Oklahoma?
🏠 Average home value: $149,781
📈 1.21% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $211,000
⏳ 56 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 5,570
📆 0.6 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.05%
💵 Average income: $52,919
State of the market: B-
Home values in Oklahoma are inching upwards and the state’s low inventory should keep demand high for now. But if interest rates continue to rise, sellers may start having trouble finding buyers.
*Data last updated July 2021
The Midwest has a reputation for flatlands and fields — but Oklahoma's geography contains 10 distinct geographic regions that range from the Ozark Mountains to deep valleys, and from high plateaus to underground caverns.
The state's biggest cities include Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and Norman — but there are plenty of smaller towns and suburbs to choose from, too. Edmond, Jenks, and Bixby have earned recognition for being especially family-friendly.
Located north of Texas, Oklahoma has hot summers and relatively mild winters that are influenced by the nearby Gulf of Mexico. Though the state is landlocked, Oklahoma holds a nationwide record with approximately 200 man-made lakes.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Oklahoma, these Oklahoma housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Oklahoma
Oklahoma real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 14 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $2,478 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.93%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.95%
How to sell a home in Oklahoma
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Oklahoma (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Oklahoma
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Oklahoma (2021 Update)
- 4 Best Oklahoma Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- 5 Oklahoma We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Oklahoma
- What's The Average Oklahoma Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- Oklahoma Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
Buying a home in Oklahoma
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Oklahoma City: 2,082 sq ft
🏡 Lawton: 3,959 sq ft
🏡 Tulsa: 2,425 sq ft
🏠 Stillwater: 2,370 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Oklahoma
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Oklahoma
- Everything You Need to Know About Moving to Oklahoma
Investing in Oklahoma real estate
Best of Oklahoma
Each month, we compare cities in Oklahoma based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Oklahoma
Worst of Oklahoma
Each month, we compare cities in Oklahoma based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Oklahoma
3. Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma Real Estate Commission
- Oklahoma's real estate license verification
- Oklahoma's real estate agent code of conduct
- Oklahoma's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Oklahoma
- Home buying assistance programs in Oklahoma
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.