If you’re selling a house in Corpus Christi that's in poor condition or has other complications, or you need to sell your house fast, consider a cash home buyer. Many companies that buy houses for cash in Corpus Christi will purchase any home and can usually close sales much faster than Corpus Christi home buyers who need a home loan.
Our team evaluated 12 active cash home buyers serving Corpus Christi. We examined each company's key factors, including its credibility signals, customer reviews, and activity level. Our guide will help you choose a cash buyer to get the best outcome on your sale.
Why you should trust us
We want to help you find legitimate cash home buyers and get the best deal based on your needs. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission, but this doesn’t influence our rankings or advice. Learn how we researched and ranked these companies that buy houses for cash.
What you should know about cash home buyers
- Cash home buyers can be useful if you have a complicated home sale, you want to sell your house fast, you've inherited a house, or you have goals that would be difficult to achieve selling with a real estate agent on the open market. Your options, offer prices, and closing speed will depend on your situation.
- You may need to contact numerous cash buyers to get workable offers. Cash buyers are investors with varying budgets, goals, and constraints. Some will pay cash for almost any home under any circumstance at any time. Others specialize in locations, price ranges, property types, or situations.
- Cash offers will be unique to your home. How much "we buy houses for cash" companies will pay — and how fast they can close — depends on the home and situation. Investors can pay more for turnkey properties than those in need of major repairs.
- The selling process is condensed. Some companies that buy houses for cash can close deals within 2–3 days. However, Corpus Christi houses with complicated legal issues could take months to close.
- Most cash home buyers pay closing costs. You won't have to pay any unexpected fees on your closing date. Companies that buy houses for cash usually factor the seller's closing costs into their offer.
- Requesting a cash offer is always free, and there’s zero obligation to accept it. You may not get the fair market value many sellers get using a real estate agent. But you decide if you're offered a fair price and if the terms are acceptable based on your situation. If you feel pressured to accept an offer, walk away. If you suspect a scam or financial exploitation, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau recommends you report it to the Federal Trade Commission and take these additional steps.
How to choose a cash home buyer and get good offers
- Make sure the cash buyer is legit. Stick to buyers with credible websites that include owner information and video testimonials from real customers. Look for a solid number of legitimate positive customer reviews on established, external platforms like Google. Also, look for companies with Better Business Bureau (BBB) profiles accredited with A+ ratings.
- Verify the buyer has the funds. Ask the buyer for an official proof of funds (POF) letter from their bank. Experienced and legitimate cash home buyers will expect this question or provide the POF without you even asking. The cash buyer should also provide a sufficient earnest money deposit (usually 1–2% of the sale price) when you go under contract, which represents their commitment to the sale.
- Get multiple cash offers. Just like when getting quotes from contractors or shopping for the best mortgage rates, getting several offers from legit "we buy houses for cash" companies to compare and choose from will help you get the best terms and outcome.
Top cash home buyers in Corpus Christi, Texas
Clever OffersRead more
Our take: Clever Offers is our top pick for most people in Corpus Christi because it makes getting and comparing multiple cash offers fast, easy, and safe.
What we like: Clever Offers taps you into a wide pool of vetted cash buyers in Corpus Christi who can buy your house fast, saving you from hours of overwhelming research. Compare and choose from up to 10 buyers. This competition among buyers can drive up cash offer prices. Clever Real Estate, an established, highly rated nationwide brand, backs the service. Clever Offers also handles communications between sellers and multiple buyers.
You should also know: Cash offers aren’t always the best or only option. Clever can bring you other solutions, like creative financing or sale-leasebacks, that might deliver a better fit or value. Clever can also match you with a top local real estate agent for a free home valuation so you can compare the cash offers with an open market sale. Seeing all your options helps you make an informed decision and come away with the best possible outcome.
Phone: (833) 225-3837
Address: 6358 Delmar Blvd., Suite 300, University City, MO 63130-4769
Home Buying GuysRead more
Our take: Home Buying Guys is a multi-state operation with standout customer ratings and solid credibility signals.
What we like: Home Buying Guys earns high customer ratings on Google and BBB. We also like the company's transparency. Its website features team member names and photos, which boosts the Home Buying Guys' credibility.
You should also know: We noticed no new reviews of Home Buying Guys in the past six months, which may signal a lack of recent activity in the market. Ask about any recent successful purchases if you want to work with the company,
Phone: (866) 847-3565
Address: 901 18th St., Plano, TX 75074
David Garcia TeamRead more
Our take: The David Garcia Team is a local standout with almost flawless ratings on Google.
What we like: More than 150 customers highly praise the David Garcia Team on Google. We also find the company's transparency commendable, with team member names, photos, and customer testimonial videos available on its website.
You should also know: The David Garcia Team isn't BBB-accredited, but it maintains an A+ rating with the organization. Customers gave the company a handful of new reviews in the past six months, indicating it's actively serving the Corpus Christi market.
Google: 4.9 (164)
Phone: (361) 248-1234
Address: 4466 South Staples St., #106, Corpus Christi, TX, 78411
Other companies that buy houses for cash in Corpus Christi
Happy Heart Homes is a BBB-accredited business with an A+ rating, but it hasn't demonstrated the level of activity we expect from a top-tier cash home buyer. We see no online reviews about this company from the past six months. We also don't see the names and photos of team members on its website, which makes us hesitant to include the company in our top-buyer list for Corpus Christi.
Offerpad operates in more than 10 states and has BBB accreditation, but customers have lodged many complaints. Its customer satisfaction and credibility scores are also lower than many competitors in the Corpus Christi market, so we kept the company off our top list.
Next steps: Start getting cash offers!
Compare offers from top cash buyers to the sale price you'd get with an agent.
Related articles and resources
Closing Costs for Sellers in Texas: Learn what it costs to sell a house in Texas, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House By Owner in Texas: Read this guide to decide if selling without a realtor in Texas is a good idea for you.
8 Steps to Selling a House in Texas: Are you ready to sell your Corpus Christi home but need help understanding the process? Read our guide on selling a home in Texas (with or without a realtor).
Selling a House As-Is: What You Need to Know: We share the main factors that affect how much you may gain (or lose) when you sell as-is.
11 Best Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Our team spent hundreds of hours researching "we buy houses" companies and iBuyers. Many of these companies have local franchises throughout the nation.
Why trust us
Our research team evaluated 12 cash home buyers serving Corpus Christi. It also compiled and analyzed 5,184 publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, and more to evaluate each of the Corpus Christi home buyers and create our final list and rankings.
Our team used public business directories to identify every company serving the Corpus Christi area calling itself a cash home buyer. We filtered that list and ranked the top options based on the following criteria:
- Credibility: Is the company a legitimate and safe option? Before we recommend any company, we assess its owners and/or team members, customer testimonial videos, Better Business Bureau status, total Google reviews, and the legitimacy of those reviews.
- Activity: Is the company actively buying a large number of homes? We consider Google and BBB reviews an indicator of sales activity. We examine how many reviews the company has had in the past six months and whether the company responds to its reviews.
- Satisfaction: Are sellers generally happy with their experience and outcome? We gauge how compassionate, helpful, fair, and reliable a cash home buyer is by evaluating its Google reviews for average rating, total reviews, and negative reviews.
Our team also highlighted the company's availability based on where it operates.
- Local: Operates in Corpus Christi
- Statewide: Operates throughout Texas
- Multi-state: Operates throughout Texas and at least one other state
- Nationwide: Operates in all states
✍️ Editor’s note: We don't disqualify a company for limited or missing data, but we do lower the company’s ranking. We base our rankings on objective measurements and can only measure what we see. We regularly search for missing data to update our rankings accordingly.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a commission. But this doesn't influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Clever Real Estate.
Clever Real Estate's content team created parts of this page with the assistance of an AI tool. Our team of humans researched the companies, collected and analyzed the data, and ranked the companies, then used AI to assist in writing about the companies. Our team fact-checked and edited the text, as it does for all of our content.